Please email your application to email@example.com quoting the position title or send to Bedford Group, People & Strategy, HR Team, PO Box 18, Melrose Park SA 5039.
Day Options Disability Support Workers -Port Lincoln
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with a disability?
Bedford's Day Options programmes offer a wide variety of recreational, leisure and developmental activities, to encourage people with disabilities to become more independent by gaining life and social skills in a caring and supportive environment. Based in Port Lincoln we are currently looking for two experienced Disability Support Workers to join our Day Options team.
Your focus will be:
- Supporting people with disability to develop living skills & meet personal goals
- Providing behavioural/general support & personal care
- Offering hands on training
- Assisting in maintaining a supportive & safe working environment
- Providing positive role modelling
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate III in Disability
- Apply First Aid Certificate
- A current criminal history screening check, provided through the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI). A National Police Clearance alone is not considered adequate.
- Previous experience working with people with disability or aged care
- Previous experience in medication administration
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Be a strong team player, with initiative and excellent problem solving skills
- Effective administration and documentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
These casual positions are ideal for individuals with a supportive nature looking for a rewarding challenge.
For more information please call Brielle Dixon, HR Officer on (08) 8275 0226 or click here for a detailed position description.
Applications close – Friday 5 September 2014.
All applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Please note – only applicants with a current DCSI Disability Services Employment Screening can apply for this position and will need to supply proof. The offer of employment will be subject to legal rights to work in Australia. Bedford is an equal opportunity employer and indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.