Please email your application to email@example.com quoting the position title or send to Bedford Group, People & Culture, HR Team, PO Box 18, Melrose Park SA 5039.
WHS & Quality Coordinator
- Full time position
- Diverse & rewarding role
- Exciting career opportunity
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability or disadvantage through employment, training and independent living programs. We provide supported employment in diverse business areas and offer accredited and life skills programs to people with diverse needs.
Based within our Adelaide Property & Gardens (APG) team, we are currently seeking an experienced WHS & Quality Coordinator. Reporting to the Operations Manager - APG, the WHS & Quality Coordinator will be responsible for the development of a culture that promotes the well being of staff and employees through appropriate work health and safety initiatives whilst ensuring quality and continuous improvement systems are updated, followed and maintained.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Previous experience in WHS and Quality within Landscaping Construction, Civil or Building Industry
- Strong skills in the areas of Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis
- Good understanding of Safety Management Systems
- Some experience in the development or implementation of WHS Policy and Procedure
- An understanding of WHS and legislation
- Proven experience of engaging staff in WHS initiatives and best practice
- Experience in quality management systems (ISO90001) and audits
- Qualifications in WHS and quality management or similar
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work autonomously and self manage
- An understanding of Environmental Management systems (desirable)
- A current driver’s license
This is a full time position with salary packaging benefits available; ideal for a
motivated individual looking to for a new and rewarding challenge.
For more information including a detailed position description please click here or call Richard Budd, HR Advisor on (08) 8275 0305.
Applications Close – Friday 19th September 2014
All applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Please note – the successful applicant will be required to provide a current police clearance and undertake a medical assessment, and the offer of employment will be subject to legal rights to work in Australia. Bedford is an equal opportunity employer and indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.