Please email your application to email@example.com quoting the position title or send to Bedford Group, People & Strategy, HR Team, PO Box 18, Melrose Park SA 5039.
Operations Manager - Sydney
- Do you have strong leadership skills?
- Do have contract packing, warehousing and 3PL/Logistics experience?
- Do you enjoy liaising with Customers and creating new opportunities
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
Bedford changes the lives of people with disability or disadvantage through employment, training and independent living programs. Our Packaging Department provides a complete commercial packaging and assembly service to an impressive mix of Australian and international companies. We pride ourselves on our reputation for high quality performance and a customer-focused attitude.
We are now looking for someone with a passion for continuous improvement and a commitment to providing solutions through exemplary customer service to lead our Packaging team based in Silverwater.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Daily and strategic management of packaging operations
- Meeting on a regular basis our current NSW based customers to ensure we are exceeding their requirements
- Assisting with the generation of sales leads and new revenue streams to ensure growth within the NSW operation.
- Supervision and training of staff and employees
- Meeting all required and designated production deadlines
- Pioneering LEAN investigations, implement changes and training employees on the processes involved
- Responsibility for production and workforce planning
- Responsibility for job and product quality
- Ensuring compliance with all Statutory, WHS and Quality Standards.
- Ensuring all management reports are prepared and submitted within the required timeframes
- General housekeeping including ongoing site maintenance
- Managing the use of all contractors including site cleaning and waste management.
To be successful you will possess the following –
- Qualifications in an appropriate discipline such as warehousing operations or process engineering
- Extensive experience in production management including managing and training people
- Experience working in a dynamic and demanding environment
- An ability to prioritise and manage concurrent tasks
- Proven experience in scheduling and production planning
- Ability to lead a continuous improvement culture
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive and empathic attitude towards people with a disability
- A strong understanding of Production, Quality and WHS systems gained from experience within the 3PL or FMCG industry
- Exceptional innovative skills with the view to the continuous improvement of the Packaging department
This is a permanent full time role which comes with a fully maintained vehicle and salary packaging benefits; ideal for someone with strong leadership skills looking for a rewarding and challenging position. Opportunities exist for career progression through business growth.
For more information please call Gordon Griff, General Manager - Packaging and National Key Accounts on 0421357437
For a copy of the Position Description Click Here.
Applications by close of business – Monday 27th April 2014
All applications must include cover letter and resume
Please note – the successful applicant will be required to provide a current police clearance and the offer of employment will be subject to legal rights to work in Australia. Bedford is an equal opportunity employer and indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.